cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Appliance reporting to MARS

khary
Level 1
Level 1

Can MARS be configured to received reports from NAC Appliance CAM/CAS? There isn't an option for for NAC under MARS devices.

Thanks,

-KK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I apologize for not going too deep with my response. Fortunately, there are NetPros who know NAC much better than I do.

In sum:

"When deploying NAC Framework in your network, if the NAC router is already set up to send syslogs and NetFlow events to MARS, all you have left to do is configure the router to send NAC specific syslogs."

To answer your question, it's not the CAM/CAS but the router that needs to be configured in MARS. This is why you see no option under MARS devices for the CAM/CAS.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I apologize for not going too deep with my response. Fortunately, there are NetPros who know NAC much better than I do.

In sum:

"When deploying NAC Framework in your network, if the NAC router is already set up to send syslogs and NetFlow events to MARS, all you have left to do is configure the router to send NAC specific syslogs."

To answer your question, it's not the CAM/CAS but the router that needs to be configured in MARS. This is why you see no option under MARS devices for the CAM/CAS.

Hope this helps.

NAC Framework is not NAC Appliance and does not work the same way. Framework is based on 802.1x. CAM/CAS is based on either being inline or via SNMP Control of switches with no ACS involvment at present.

NAC Appliance (CAM/CAS) is not currently supported under MARs as far as I know.

You can syslog basic info out of the Appliance but it will tell you things like if the update succeede or failed for the CAS and various other information.

Hopefully soon it will send out posture assessment messages into MARs or other SIM/SEM type products.

What info do you want to get out of it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card