cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two User Search Bases with one Call Manager?

s.d.deacon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we have two ldap directory trees in our MS AD environment, and one call manager. Is there any way to specify two seperate User Search Bases? That way I could have users shown that appear in two different directory trees, and in different domains, and obviously different OU's. Currently I only see an option to specify one user search base. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. We're in a real time crunch.

3 Replies 3

Joel,

Here is a blurb from the CCM SRND regarding this.

In a multiple-domain AD forest, try to keep the users for a specific Cisco CallManager cluster within a

single domain, and follow the guidelines described previously. If a single domain is not possible because

users are spread across multiple domains, set the User Search Base to the lowest point in the tree

containing all domains with users serviced by the Cisco CallManager cluster. In structures in which

serviced child domains are under the top-level domain, the User Search Base must be set at the root of

the entire AD forest. In all cases, though, try to ensure that a domain controller for each serviced domain

is collocated with Cisco CallManager, or that the network is sufficiently resilient and fast to allow

remote searches with no greater performance degradation than occurs with local searches.

Here is the link to the SRND guides, just select your CCM version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns656/networking_solutions_program_category_home.html

If you are looking for this just for the ability to do directory searches via the phone against mulitple domains, then check out the CCM SDK. It has a multi-directory LDAP search.

The IP Phone Service SDK can be found in Developer services central.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

If we were to use the CCM SDK, what limitations will we see? We need the directory to show up under the phone directories, but also the Attendant console Directory. Do these pull from the same location or are they separate?

Joel

Joel,

I would definitely recommend downloading the SDK from the site. It'll contain documentation from there on it's applications and their limitations. I do know it needs to run on a separate web server and is not supported to run on the CCM.

The Attendant Console has a section on the Directory and batch file to run if the Directory Server is offbox. To tell you the truth I've never messed with it but I will today in my lab if I got time. Based off what I see in the document you should be able to handle two directories but you might just need to do some manual scripting because it looks like it's a batched update. Here is the link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsccmac.htm#wp1162566

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: