Calling ID in Call redirect

Answered Question
Mar 13th, 2007

Hi all,

I am having an issue with call redirect to a TollFree number from CRA 4.0(4). Here is the call flow, outside caller(4161111111) is calling into CCM RP(4162222222 is the DID, but RP is 4-digit ext=2222) and this RP is associated with a script. Caller enter some input and get "call redirect" to a 800 Toll Free number. Originally, the debug isdn q931 shows the outbound TF call with calling ID=4161111111 with a redirect party=2222. And this prevent us from connecting the call to TF as it seems telco checks who is redirecting the call.

How can I confirm this transfer call show 4161111111 as calling ID in the TF call center and change the redirect party to a general number for the company?

I had tried the call redirect with "reset called address" to the number I want, but it seems the script fails.

How can I do a debug for the scripts?

Thanks and sorry for all of these little Qs.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by adignan about 9 years 7 months ago

yes, rdnis outbound at remote and inbound on HQ.

please rate helpful posts.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
adignan Wed, 03/14/2007 - 05:19

Actually, what you will want to do is stop sending the redirecting number all together. You don't really ever want to send out the redirecting number unless you are in SRST mode trying to keep voicemail still working when redirecting over a PRI.

On your gateway in CallManager, UNCHECK the following checkbox and reset the gateway:

Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound

bluejays Wed, 03/14/2007 - 07:21

Thx....I think this makes sense. I just want to confirm for AAR to VM and SRST to VM to work, I only need RDNIS outbound in remote site and RDNIS inbound in HQ,right?

Correct Answer
adignan Wed, 03/14/2007 - 07:23

yes, rdnis outbound at remote and inbound on HQ.

bluejays Wed, 03/28/2007 - 16:36

I am having another question for this particular issue.

Say I disable the rdnis on HQ, what happen when a user say in Euro calls in and get transfer to a NA tollfree number. Since now the call has no redirect number info, but still have the calling number as a Euro number, will the call get through?

This Discussion