Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP IVR Installation ISSUE

nomykhan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear members,

I have an HP DL380 3.6 G4 server on which i am trying to install Cisco IP IVR 4.0.

The server has a 146 GB hard drive.

When i try to load the OS through Cisco Platform Configuration disc it gives me the message that,

The hard drive size detected was not expected 72.8 MB

Actual detect detected size is 46.8MB

Please correct reattempting installation.

How can i solve this problem???

Regards

Nouman Khan

3 Replies 3

markoller
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco is very strict with their server specs. CPU, Memory, Hard Drive config, etc is all got to be exact for you to be able to install on a NON-MCS platform. You will need to replace the drives.

We are in a similar boat.

We have the correct drives, but 3.6 processors.

The DVD will check for 3.4 using OS 4.3a, and quit too.

The customer had HP replace the processor's with 3.4, but install gets up to the point of transfering the image to the Disks now, and fails with a "Hardware error".

We have 4 72 GB drives , but the arrary is not being built correctly, its coming up as RAID 5 , and the install process needs it to be 2 Raid 1 sets.

I have also tried OS 4.4a DVD , same results.

The only thing I can see different from the Cisco MCS version of the servers is the Array Controller's Firmware is 2.68 and the Cisco version is 2.58

The server specs are exact match to what Cisco requires.

braclarke
Level 1
Level 1

Single or Dual Processor ? Xeon I assume.

If its a Single the install expects 2 x 72GB drives.

If its a Dual then 4 x 72 GB.

You may get it to work with larger, the bigger issue is that you need to make sure the drives are connected in SIMPLEX mode, versus DUPLEX to the controller.

Look at the inside cover of the server and follow the cable diagram for SIMPLEX Embeded controllers.

Once that is done the system will be able to configure the drives in a RAID 1 mirror set(s). (Not RAID 5 the default for the controller)

Also be prepared to have to go to 3.4 processors if it fails the CPU speed test next.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: