Helpful
Replies

7936 Conferencing problem

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Setup: CCME 4.1, ISR2821,4Fxo ports PVDM2-32, configured hardware conference

Problem: Unable to press softkey "ConFrn" + phone hangs

Scenario: 2 callers are on the line, and when the creator wish to dial another party for conference, the "CONFRN" softkey is shown on the phone, but it does not function at all. Later which the phone just hang. We have to power it off and on again. What would be the problem? We have no problem at all doing hardware conferencing with the 7960g ip phones

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which FW on the 7936? Can you check thatyou are using the latest and then try again ?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which FW on the 7936? Can you check thatyou are using the latest and then try again ?

thanks, the latest firmware solved my problem

Hi J_Vansen_S,

I'm having the exact same problem with a new CME4.1 deployment. I've upgraded to 3.3(13) and also tried 3.3(12). Have problem with both versions.

What version are you using?

This is very strange, as all other phones (7941, 7961) start conferences just fine. The 7936 can do the first ad-hoc conference, then have to be restarted to do another...

Thanks,

-Dave

Hello,

An update to everyone. 7936 SCCP firmware 3.3(14) fixed this issue.

Thanks,

-Dave

Excellent, a customer of mine is having the exact same problem. They upgraded to 3.3(12) on their own but the problem remained. I will tell them to upgrade further to 3.3(14).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: