cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

load balancing

Arvind kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I am using two WAN links on load balancing using EIGRP routing protocol. Now if I wanna determine how many sessions are created on each link. how should I determine that. If I wanna change the session of a particular IP to another Link, what should I do to acheive that.

3 Replies 3

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

afaik there is no simple way of looking at different sessions over a particular not overloaded link.

To force a certain session down a particular link would require PBR. Though technically possible I would not opt for such a solution because of administrative overhead and potential performance issues.

May I ask, why you are concerned about this?

Regards, Martin

The problem I am facing is that whenever there is high latency or packet loss on a particular link, all the PC on to that link create problem such like slow access to resources over WAN. I wanna change the sessions over other link. How to chk how much sessions are on a particular link

Hi

Well you could ip accounting although this will only show source and destination address and bytes transmitted not the port numbers so it won't give you session detail as such but it will give you client/server IP address and how much data is being transmitted.

Be aware there is obviously an overhead on the router by turning this on so you need to be careful.

As Martin said, the only way to make one session go over a specific link is to use PBR but this is not really what you want to be doing.

HTH

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card