cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM failure, what happened to active calls

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends, i have only one CCM in my network, if it fails due to some problem, what happened to active calls, will all the active calls will be disconnected , can i make new calls while CCM is down. Pls note it, i have only one CCM.

My next question is , if i have more than one CCM, what happened to my active calls, can i make new calls if my primary CCM fails. pls help me to know the answer

thanks

esa

2 Replies 2

markoller
Level 1
Level 1

With only one CCM I would highly recommend an SRST router for some failover

If the CCM goes down, active calls should stay connected but new calls will not be able to be made.

If there are multiple CCM's, if the primary goes down then new changes cannot be made. Also, CDR records will be queued. Depending on how you deploy other services (TFTP, MOH, etc) they may be affected. Active calls in this scenario will stay connected.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

It depends on what type of GW are you using for your active calls, if you are using MGCP then you have call preservation and the active calls will not be dropped but you won't be able to make new calls until the CCM server is bring back up. If you are using H.323 GW it will drop your active calls unless you have call preservation which can be configured on the latest IOS.

If you have more than one server (Publisher and Subscriber) then you will have failover so you shouldn't have any problems with the active calls and with new calls. The only problem is when the Publisher is down, since you won't be able to make any changes to the database, for example, change the Call Forward options, etc.

HTH

//Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: