Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1

rasmusan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have just set up a test environment with a CCM 5.1 and 3 IP phones (1x7960 + 2x7970).

Got everything working just fine, but there is one thing I can't seem to get to work. All of the 3 phones have attached the 7914 Expansion Module. When user 1 dials user 2, and user 2's telephone is ringing, the led for user 2 on the 7914 on user 3, does not flash. When user 2 answers the phone, the led on user 3's 7914 starts to illuminate constant red.

The buttons on the 7914's are configured as "Speed dial BLF".

On CCM 4.2, the LED would flash red on user 3's 7914, when user 2's telephone was ringing.

does anyone have a solution ?

Best Regards

R. Andersen

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rasmus,

My understanding of BLF/Speeddial on CCM 5.X is that this is working as expected. This is more of a traditional BLF (Busy Lamp Field) which is used to monitor On/Off Hook, Busy/Idle conditions on users phones. And because it can't be used to answer actual calls there is no Status for Ringing/Incoming calls;

Cisco Unified CallManager Speed Dial Presence

Cisco Unified CallManager supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence capabilities via a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator. However, only the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

States are:

Idle

Busy

Unknown

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008070bc02.html#wp1070507

This differs from the "Old" Shared line appearance setups in the CCM 3.X and 4.X trains. Where you had the ability to Answer and Monitor users lines (no Speeddial) but also the Call History problems that we have all disliked.

Hope this helps!

Rob