cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager as a call center?? Possible?

samehattia
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone:

My customer doens't want to by the IPCC to have a call center capability. Actually his call center is only 9 agents so i guess we can do something using the call manager and/or Unity

His version is CCM 4.0 and Unity 4.0(5) can we do something using those applications..

any help would be truly appreciated.

8 Replies 8

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You can route the call into a Unity callhandler that plays an announcement and does a supervised transfer to a huntgroup in callmanager. Phones can be made members of this huntgroup and you can set the algorithm to longest idle, circular, top down etc.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Is there a way I can use this to play a message instead of ringing? I have a similar setup CCM 4.2, Unity. I have some shared lines in departments that sometimes have a long ring times before being answered. I do have IPCC but do not need that much in the department, I just want callers to hear a message or music instead of ringing while waiting to be answered.

Thanks

I have done this for small help desks using the Attendant Console (which ships with CCM) and using the queue feature. This will allow for Attendants to login/logout, queueing and hunting. Here is the documentation on this.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsccmac.htm

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

o-campbell
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has run a promotion with CCM 4.0 since its release that included 5 agent co-resident IPCC. This can be upgraded to include a maximum of 10 agents by purchasing the agent licenses only. Did they purchase thru authorized Cisco Parnter? If so they should have received a license code for co-resident standard IPCC.....

Other wise you can implement a simple hunt list with CCM 4.0 to route incoming calls to attendants. In 4.2 you can actually implement a login/logout feature to the hunt list.

when you are saying co-resident that means installed with the call manager?

What was the part number of this server/CCM software? could you send me that?

Hi,

When you order a new CallManager, the version you want, automatically Cisco includes a Cisco IPCC Express Standard with five seats.

But you have to make a PO, first.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

One of the majot limitations for a Call Center implementation with CallManager only is that you don?t have any report or information about your CallCenter: you don't know how many calls have been managed by an agent, login times, average answer time, ready and not ready times, wrapup codes, real time reports about queued calls, calls managed and so on.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: