cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP problems

agustinmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I a new administrator of CiscoWorks. I have installed CiscoWorks LMS 2.5.1 on Windows 2003 and I am attempting to configure SNMP in Campus Manager. For to add the SNMP community I go to Campus Manager > Administration > SNMP settings. In this window I press in Add button and I add one target (*.*.*.*) and one Read string, I press on Apply and the community is added but when I press in general Apply button, the community is disappear. This is the first step that I am doing. Have I do something before to this step for I discover the devices?

Could someone help me please?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

Regards.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may indicate a problem with the permissions on NMSROOT\campus\etc\cwsi\discoverysnmp.conf, or a browser issue. What pop-ups do you see when adding and saving this new community string entry? What other community strings are configured for Discovery?

Hello, before to nothing I would like to thank you your help. When I adding and saving this new community string one pop-ups is showing. This pop-up show something like: "Change have been apply successfully". I haven't configured other community string, only the default community (public) exists.

Thank you for all. I hope that you can help me.

Regards.

If you already have a *.*.*.* entry for public, you will either need to remove it, or enable multiple community strings before adding another *.*.*.* entry.

After doing that, check NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs\stdout.log for any errors if the community string still does not apply.

Thank you for all. Exactly, the problem was the Internet Explorer version, I have a IE7 and with this explorer CiscoWorks don't run very good.

Thank you.

Regards

That would have been my next question (i.e. what browser and version are you using). IE 7.0 support is planned for LMS 3.0 due out in late spring of this year.