cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Suggestions on a new router

bjrivera26
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 40 people in our office, some wired and some wireless. We are currently using a Linksys BEFSR41 router but our connection to the internet is always intermittent, and it has been replaced twice already. I would like to get a more reliable router but not sure what to get. I would like something that would be easy to configure since I have never installed one before. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

what kinda internet connectivity do you own out there ?

Deciding a particular router also depends on the kinda wan connectivity (which connects you to the internet)..

regds

We have T1.

BJ,

I would need to know a little more about the technology you use (VPN, IPSEC, VOIP, etc..)

I have a basic setup in mind, but need to find out if you are in need of modules or not.

Shoot me an email and I'd be happy to help!

ccramer@itworksite.com

Best Wishes!

Chris Cramer

ccramer@itworksite.com

713 667 5474 x 1985

Hi

you can think off going for Cisco 1841 series router which can accommodate T1 kinda connectivity(basically supports WIC cards where you can connect the T1).

Also other versions such as Cisco 1700/1600 are nearing EOS/EOL time better to go with 1800 ISR series router..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card