cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA for ICM/IPCC and SQL backup wizard

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

I have CSA for ICM (version 4.5-1 build 639) installed on all of our ICM servers. It's preventing SQL from doing it's backups to a network share. I shut down CSA and the backups work fine. So, the permissions aren't wrong on the share drive. The backup works fine if the backup is created locally which is not a best practice backup strategy.

Does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks,

Stu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the managed CSA product will work no problem. you can customize the policy to work with any backup software.

please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

Whoops! I was wrong about being able to backup the logger database locally using the backup wizard. CSA prevents that from happening too. :(

Yeah, I have talked to numerous people at Cisco trying to get the stand-alone CSA policy to allow backup software to run with no luck.

Unfortunately, I no longer install CSA on my IPCC/ICM installations.

please rate helpfuls posts.

Do you know if the managed CSA product allows the SQL backup to run or does it behave the same as the stand-alone CSA?

Thanks,

Stu

the managed CSA product will work no problem. you can customize the policy to work with any backup software.

please rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: