cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7985G

nbhat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can two disparate voice networks from two different companies communicate using the Cisco 7985G?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would use a 28xx router with the feature called "CCME" to which all your video devices will register.It is quite simple and well documented, beside it's a real router and can do many functions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, as long you have IP connectivity the possibility is there.

Thanks. Any idea on the best way/product/box/solution to connect two disparate voice network specifically to enable video phone communication using Cisco 7985G?

I would use a 28xx router with the feature called "CCME" to which all your video devices will register.It is quite simple and well documented, beside it's a real router and can do many functions.

I would consider the use of the Multiservice IP-IP Gateway (aka. Session Border Controller). This is an IOS feature which runs operates with a "via-zone" Gatekeeper (co-resident on the IPIPGW box).

I used this, and mapped my 7985 and VTA DNs (registered the CallManager) onto valid E.164 addresses with the necessary zone prefixes configured on the gatekeeper, which in turn, was registered with a Directory Gatekeeper.

The IPIPGW effectively re-originates call legs, effectively hiding the internal structure of the network (helping to solve the NAT issues with video conferencing), and the IPIPGW controls call admission control and can optionally support RSVP.

CallManager provides the interoperability between Skinny (SCCP) endpoints and more traditional H.323 VC endpoints. The IPIPGW can also provide interoperability between H.323 and SIP (usually used in this context to connect to service provider trunks).

Please rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: