Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client can not access the internet

mohamed_makled
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem that when a vpn client tunnel is established , it is working properly and i can access a group of servers in the our LAN but when i tried to access the internet through DSL, i failed.

I tried to access the internet via dialup and i succeeded . So what is the problem to access the internet via DSL.The vpn tunnel is terminated at the ouside interface of a pix 515E.

waiting for your replies

2 Replies 2

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is the issue that the VPN client connectes to the PIX and loses internet connectivity?

If yes, then you might want to check the split-tunnel configuration and the DNS server etc. When you say that you are not able to access the internet, did you try to ping some public IP say 4.2.2.2? Does that work? If it does then it could be a DNS issue.

HTH,

Please rate if it helps,

Regards,

Kamal

zulqurnain
Level 3
Level 3

hello,

there is no problem in access the internet via DSL. But if you want to access internet while connected to vpn you will need to do the following

access-list vpn-split permit ip

vpngroup split-tunnel vpn-split

hope this help. please rate it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: