cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Directories - CME

mark_gardner
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to create more than 100 directory numbers for external numbers on CME 4.0(2) ?

I see that the local directories is only capable of listing 100 entries.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You can create a bulk speed dial list with a prefix like #1 and a code to create as many as 10000 speed dial entries. This may not help show up on the directory list, but you can have the users key in the prefix and speed dial slot number.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You can create a bulk speed dial list with a prefix like #1 and a code to create as many as 10000 speed dial entries. This may not help show up on the directory list, but you can have the users key in the prefix and speed dial slot number.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

just what i was looking for, thanks Sankar !

Mark,

Thanks for the 5!

Here is a link to it. Forgot to add it in my last post.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080611972.html

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Hi Sankar

Thanks for your response, Cant seem to get this working, I am using this file format

001,55555555,test

002,66666666,test

etc...

The file is in flash, the following is configured under telephony-service :

bulk-speed-dial list 0 flash:test_bulk.txt

I have not changed the prefix code so the default is #

I have restarted all the phones.

The users should be able to access the list by pressing # followed by the number of the list_id, in this example 0, then the index number 001, the ip phone should then display 55555555 test

#0001 should transpose to 55555555 ?

Am i on the right track or not ?

Thanks for your help

Yes you are on the right track. I am sure this is probably a typo from your side, you meant to say #001 and not #0001 transpose to 55555555.

Is this number a internal DN or an external DN. Remember to prefix a 9 or what ever the trunk access code is to dial out. so your entries should be 001,955555555,test.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks Sankar for the quick response.

Sill cant get this working though.

I am assuming that the user will press the prefix code, followed by the list id in flash, followed by the index number which would then display the number and name to be called ?

prefix code #

list_id 0

index no 001

ip phone then displays 9555555 test

format of file is :

001,9555555,test

??

Thanks Sankar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: