Views
Helpful
Replies

Mapping Ephone Dn to single outbound dial-peer

abduljaleel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed ccme 3.3 for one our customer.

Now the requirement is as follows

They have two analong numbers with 4 line in each.

so each number belongs to a specific department.

now they want each department to use the number assigned to the department only for both incoming and out going..

now i have set up the incoming with connection plar ..and this fulfills the incoming requirment.

Now i want for outbound the department should only use their number that mean they shud only go through the 4 lines/ports .. they shud not use the other dept no wen they call out..

with the set up have its not working ..its taking the ports randomly and it takes the other dpts number also to call out

is ther any way we can map the ephone dn to the outbound dial-peer/port??

i need some urgent assistance in configuring this..

please ...help me out guys

Cheers

AJ

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it can be done.

If you can upgrade to a new callmanager please see the command "trunk" under "ephone-dn".

Else:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

The document relates to callmanage but it works for callmanage express too.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post.

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply .. it was quite useful for me ..

But still i am unable to acheive my goal.

when i call from a specific extn its not hitting the voip dail peer .

the translation is ok if i dail the translated number directly from the phone it works..

but the answer address and phone number is not helping me at all .. is there any otherway we can match the dail peer based on the extn number i am calling from ..

please advice ..

cheers

AJ

Hello,

Can you post your config ? With CME, you will use translation-profile outgoing in the ephone-dn, so that some kind of unique prefix is added for a given set of extensions that must place calls using a specific set of POTS lines.

If all this sounds too complicated, you can also configure two outgoing "dial-peer pots" with destination-pattern of "8T" and "9T" to seize lines for outgoing calls on different ports, and direct each departments people to use the corresponding one.

Then using preferences, you can set that in case all the lines pertaining to a department are taken, they can use the other department line instead. NB, this technique is also applicable to the "specific outbound mapping" of above.

Hi ,

Am attaching my config here..

My dn range for Dep1 - 100,101,102 ...

Dep2 - 200,201,202 ...

Dep3 - 300,301,302 ...

Please let me know

Hello,

Please use the following config. Note:

- now using trunkgroups. No more that many dial-peers!

- now using ephone-dn-template. You can change all phones in a given dept easily!

- pls add the ephone-dn as necessary with the right template.

- prefix is now 91, 92, to not clash w/ extension 19x, 29x ...

- pls remove unused dial-peers !

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: