Views
Helpful
Replies

qos per vlan

rhltechie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I could have sworn I asked this before, but I cannot find in my posts...so I apologize if someone has already answered.

I will be putting in a video conferencing solution at my central site in the up coming months. Where I need some direction is the qos portion of this. I plan on segragating the video to a specific vlan. The video traffic is headed out to the internet, not my wan. So basically i would like to be able to give complete priority to the internet for this video traffic. I am slightly confused as to how and where I do this. Could someone point me in the right direction?

TIA,

R

2 Replies 2

bmckenzie
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is....once it hits the Internet it's only best effort

I should clarify, when I say its headed out to the internet, it will really never reach that point. I will be hosting the equipment thats providing the video bridge on my dmz. So maybe i asked the question wrong. maybe what i need is lan qos to the specified device?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card