Study material for CCIE written and lab

Unanswered Question
Mar 15th, 2007

HOw is the testking website for studay material, anyone knows?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
jcrussell Thu, 03/15/2007 - 08:04

From what I've seen, they are just brain dumps, which are against the Cisco NDA. They are also filled with errors and inaccuracies. I didn't know that they even offered lab study materials.

I'm pretty sure that InternetworkExpert, IPExpert, NetMasterClass, etc offer materials that help you understand the material, rather than just get you a paper cert.

MARK HEUZENROEDER Mon, 07/02/2007 - 18:00

I just bought the so-called TestKing CCIE Value Pack upon a colleague's recommendation (don't worry - I'm doing all the book & practical study too).

This has 2 components.

1) From the instalation .exe

- Exam Simulator

- iPadViewer (a BIG step backwards from their PDF format of this doc. With New format, can't copy-n-paste anything and none of the 100's of URLs are hyperlinked (they were in the PDF). How insane !!!)

2) Study Guide version 3.0.

This Study Guide looks like an almost complete waste of time. It is a PDF. It is filler so some TestKing marketing guru can create a thing called a "Value Pack".

The Study Guide has 265 pages so it?s too light-weight to be much use.

It includes a whole lot of topics which aren?t, as far I?m aware, in the current Cisco CCIE Blueprint,

1) RSRB, DLSW+

2) X.25

3) ISDN

4) ATM

5) Desktop protocols - AT, IPX,

It features the following level of PDf maturity,

1) There are no Bookmarks !

2) None of the Table of Contents are hyper-linked !

3) There is no index (and it's a 265 page document) !

As to TestKing responsiveness, I emailed some feedback to,

[email protected]

1 week ago & got no reply.

I emailed,

[email protected]

to see how I could get some communications from Support and immediately got a rude reply stating that I didn't tell them what the problem was. I gave them a small sample of feedback & never heard from them again.

I am very unimpressed with the company & their product.

I totally agree with a previous comment in this forum which said, use these things as part of your study regime, don't trust any of the answers, check them all from authoritative sources.

tperrier Mon, 07/02/2007 - 23:54

> I totally agree with a previous comment in this forum which said, use these things as part of your study regime, don't trust any of the answers, check them all from authoritative sources.

So basically you advise people to dump money in the kitchen sink. Why buy something which is full of errors and obsolete content, and in the process support a company with total lack of ethics and customer service? Folks, keep your money for good material!

Wilson Samuel Tue, 07/03/2007 - 05:05

Hi,

Thanks for sharing such invaluable information to us, infact I have never been in favor of Testking or anything like that.

I religiously follow the Blue-Print and go through each and every word of it and then only I attempt the exam, if I pass, Praise The Lord, if I flunk, I take down all the questions/answers on the exam (from my memory) which were the most difficult ones, and then refer the entire section again (yea, I dont just sit about those questions only) and then re-attempt!

Its much more important to know the stuff in the context rathern than just pass the exam for the sake of passing it!

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

compsolv Tue, 07/03/2007 - 09:09

After looking at materials like TestKing for simulation exams - I developed TESTiT for the CCIE Routing/Switching Written Exam. This product also helps prepare students for the Lab. That is because they will actually learn the fundamentals required to pass through these materials, instead of blindly memorizing answers.

Here is what separates my materials from TestKing ? accuracy, no copyright violations, working links to More Information, details explanations surrounding the issues to look for in the question, and the solutions to these issues. The product also features a Web interface that requires no software installation. Finally, you have access to me and other certified experts via a discussion forum.

If anyone is interested, check it out at:

http://www.netmasterclass.com/site/written.php

Anthony J. Sequeira

Actions

This Discussion