cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPT Maintence

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am putting this out to the group to hopefully get ideas on how I can setup a way to do a check up on my clients call manager, unity, etc.

I want to be able to have a standart list of items to check. Sort of like how we take our cars for a tune up. This would be sort of like that. Can anyone tell me if they do this with thier clients or on thier network. I tried to search the web and cisco's website, but I could not find any links for what i want to accomplish.

Any suggestions, links, examples, etc will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

a. Scheduled reboots

b. OS patches at regular intervals.

c. Event viewer log reviews. Rotate logs so that they dont occupy too much space.

d. Sign up for security advisories or field notices at Cisco so that you can update firmware or apply a patch on the servers as required. I would advise that if nothing is broken, you dont need to patch unless there it concerns issues like daylight savings, a security loophole or a bug that affects your day to day operation.

e. I would recommend that you get the book PDIOO (Plan, Design, Implement, Operations, Optimization) from Cisco Press. Excellent choice to read about IPT life cycle. You will be interested in the Operate/Optimize part.

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587051575&rl=1

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

a. Scheduled reboots

b. OS patches at regular intervals.

c. Event viewer log reviews. Rotate logs so that they dont occupy too much space.

d. Sign up for security advisories or field notices at Cisco so that you can update firmware or apply a patch on the servers as required. I would advise that if nothing is broken, you dont need to patch unless there it concerns issues like daylight savings, a security loophole or a bug that affects your day to day operation.

e. I would recommend that you get the book PDIOO (Plan, Design, Implement, Operations, Optimization) from Cisco Press. Excellent choice to read about IPT life cycle. You will be interested in the Operate/Optimize part.

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587051575&rl=1

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: