cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to page to fxs port and all ip hones at the same time

smesiatowsky
Level 1
Level 1

I have read a lot of information regarding setting up an overhead paging system with an fxs port using ccme. So I have it all setup and working. I can dial the extension fine, and page through the overhead system fine, but how do I configure the router so when I page to all ip phones, it also goes to the fxs port? I know I can use an ata 188 or 186, but can I use a standard fxs port on a voice card? Thanks for your help

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I assume you are using CCME.

If so, you can try the "SCCP client" feature, so that FXS ports are handled like ephones:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html

I have't tried that myself, but it's worth a try.

Basically, the SCCP client will register using a loopback or local interface to the same router, then you can try to enable to paging features.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

brooks.dustin
Level 1
Level 1

I would also like to find out another solution other than ata's. How are you paging to all the ip phones?

Other that ATA, read my reply above. You would be using the paging support that is embedded in CCME. Of course the analog phone or pagins system must be supporting auto-answer.

Did you find the answer?  I also a customer that wants to both, and we have a Bogen TAM-B answering the analog phone, but we can only page one at a time.  Both does not seem to work.

Zeke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: