I have my FWSM working in transparent mode with 3 context (one admin, and 2 aditional contexts) I am trying to configure 8 pairs of interfaces in one of my contexts (according to the documentation it is possible) but when I tried to enter more than 2 vlan interfaces in the context, I get this message: ERROR: Context interface limit of 2 reached on 'vlan4'
How can I configure the 8 pairs of interfaces in one context?
Apologies for delay, i had to upgrade our FWSM to version 3.1 before i could test. Specific version of software is 3.1(2).
It works fine for me so here are the steps i followed.
1) Created vlans 700-708 on the 6500.
2) Allocated these vlans to the FWSM on the switch ie. "firewall vlan-group 7 700-708"
3) Logged on to the FWSM in sys execution space.
4) Created a new context "trs" & allocated vlans 700-708 to that context.
5) Changed to the trs context. Made the context transparent "firewall transparent".
6) Did a sh run and the vlan interfaces from vlan700 -> vlan708 were there.
6) Assigned vlan700,701 to bridge-group 1
vlan702,703 to bridge-group 2 etc..
It all worked fine.
Is this how you have set it up ?
What version of the 3.1 software are you using - i can downoad the exact one to test if need be.