Mar 15th, 2007

Hello everybody,

I have installed

- Router

- Logger

- PG1A with 1x CCM PIM

- PG2A with 2x VRU PIM

All look fine, "ACTIVE".

When I try to set up a PG with a MR PIM for the Cisco Email manager, I get this:

Trace: EMT I/O completion ports: max threads=4, concurrent threads=0

Connection to MDS process established.

Unable to register with MDS process.

Last MDS Error [-519815419]: Client is already registered.

Strange thing is, when I stop the PG process with the VRU PIM's, the MR PIM goes ACTIVE instantly.

I double checked the Logical Controller ID's and the Peripheral ID's in the registry of the server and the awdb. I am 99.9999 percent sure I have installed all PIM's correctly.

Any idea why I cannot make it work? Actually, what may the above error message make appear?

Thanks very much in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Gergely Szabo Wed, 03/21/2007 - 03:24

Actually, I figured it out.

Now, this is very important, so I will use capitals...

lpezj Wed, 03/21/2007 - 03:44

That's right for production systems. But you can install more PG Services in a machine for demo or lab enviroments.

You have to change the MDS ports in the registry for the PG. When you install the two PGs you will have got, for example, in the first one 'MDSPort'=42000 and 'StateXferPort'=42001. The second one will have got, for example, in the first one 'MDSPort'=43000 and 'StateXferPort'=43001.

When you install the third PG, those two ports will be the same as in PG1 or PG2. If you change those ports to, for example, 'MDSPort'=44000 and 'StateXferPort'=44001, you will have three PGs in the same hardware. But every time that you run the setup for the third, fourth, and so on, PGs you will have to edit those ports and change them.

But this is not for production systems, It is only labs or testing systems.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

lpezj Wed, 03/21/2007 - 03:54

I am working with ICM from more than 10 years, when it was Geotel. Our company has a huge background with this system.

Juan Luis

andreasalas8282 Thu, 01/08/2009 - 08:58

It may help for me too.

My problem is that after I changed ports in the registry as you suggested, rogger refuses the connection of the third PG, and the pgagent process remains OOSvc.

I'm using this third PG to connect CIM (EIM/WIM), is there any other way to solve the problem?

This Discussion