cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Dial-by-name stopped working

lbranson1
Level 1
Level 1

"Cisco Media Control" install link is showing in voice mailbox profiles now and spell-by-name is not working for one of our Unity 4.0(4) nodes. Any suggestions how this could've fallen out and if our issue will be resolved if we reload?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

a little more info would probably go a long way to making some suggestions.

What's not working about spell by name? Are you getting errors? Spelling does not return any matches? Selecting a user does not take you where it should?

Any hint as to configuration here? You use the term "node" so I assume this is a networked configuration - any details for us to work on here?

Any errors show up in the application event log on the server in question?

Our Unity platform is located in our Nashville office along with our only Call Manager. It is only our Atlanta location and it's users (running off a voice gateway to the Nashville Call manager) that are experiencing difficulty in spell-by-name. When we try to spell anyone's name from the Atl office (from any location), then all you get is their extension found, but no name is announced. The users from other sites can hear names in the spell-by-name for all users except for Atlanta. I apologize for my lack of detail. This is a new system for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: