cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone status rather than Line status (BLF?)

cyoung
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to work out problem.

I have multiple phones, each phone has a unique Line 1 (8000/8001/8002) and so on.

All phones have shared line appearances for the rest of the lines.

These shared line appearances are the DID numbers for the business.

One manager desires to monitor whether a particular PHONE is in use.

BLFs are useless here because any phone can answer any of the 5 shared lines on the phone and the unique line will not show in use.

Forcing the users down to only having line one and making the DIDs into Line Groups will also not work as desired.

1) Of the 5 DIDs the users of the phones need to know which DID was called in order to know how to answer the phone.

From what I can tell, there is no way to signify to the user which Line Group was called.

2) Forcing the user to have one line can disrupt how a user wishes to use the phone.

If a user is about to pick up the phone to make an outbound call and an inbound call comes in, the user must wait until another user answers to the call or answer it himself/herself.

What is really needed is a BLF/Speeddial that monitors PHONE status rather than LINE status.

This is a real pain because his old Lucent switch (that got struck by lightning) had this functionality which he could have replaced for a margin of the cost of just what the phones cost.

Anyone who has any suggestions or tricks that can help me get phone status rather than line status would be very very appreciated.

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

BLF Configuration Settings

the Busy Lamp Field configuration settings. The Configure Busy Lamp Field Settings dialog box includes two sections: Busy Lamp Field Settings on the phone and Busy Lamp Field Settings that are not associated with a button.

Busy Lamp Field Settings on the Phone

Configure these settings for the physical buttons on the phone.

Busy Lamp Field Settings not Associated with a Button

Configure these settings for the BLF numbers that you access with abbreviated dialing.

The Following URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070ec9a.html#wp1275000