cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) SR1 intermittently not answering

uberwolfe
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 4.0(4) SR1. I have 72 ports total licensed and and the first 62 are for taking messages, the rest for MWI and message notification. Intermittently when calling a subscriber phone, the phone will keep ringing and not forward to Unity on a no answer. Has anyone here had this intermittent issue? It isn't just with a single subscriber, it is various subscribers. Any suggestions on where to look? Not a Unity guy so looking for a little guidance. Thanks

11 Replies 11

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

There is a bug were the Unity ports will hang on Unity 4.0(4) if they are answering many calls, the fix is to either upgrade to Unity 4.0(5) or restart the Unity ports from CCM one by one or all at a time by restarting the unity server.

HTH

//Jorge

I will look into that further. When you say restart Unity servers or just Unity itself?

Stop/Start Unity from the system tray should be enough, although I normally recommend to reboot the server, at the end is up to you.

OK was just verifying this. I had already stopped and started Unity from the system tray. I will try restarting the ports from CCM. If anyone else has an idea or anything different, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks to you guys.

what is your TSP version on Unity? Upgrade if they are not the most recent. Sounds like a TSP problem.

It is 1.2(1.0)ES4

Your TSP version on Unity 4.04 is going to be on the server

At the console go to Unity Tools and Unity Integration manager (UTIM)

The TSP version will be listed where it is connected to CCM or integrated

Yes, I know, and 1.2(1.0)ES4 is what it shows.

yeah, I can't help ya there then. Because TSP software version should be in numbers like 7.x 8.x The most recent TSP version is 8.1.3 you can download from CCO.

Are you using Unity Connection or Unity 4.04 or both?

TSP versioning gets a bit wacky on ESes. This is because the TSP code is actually built with Connection. The same TSP is then used with both Connection and Unity. For regular releases, the versioning on the TSP files are restamped to provide something meaningful, e.g. 8.1(3). With TSP ESes, that restamping doesn't always happen. Thus you're left with a version number that looks sort of like a Connection ES version.

Anyway, long story short... The 1.2(1.0)ES4 TSP is actually our 8.1(3)ES1.

-Eric

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Stepping back from the rest of the thread here, can you clairify this "the phone will keep ringing and not forward to Unity"?

If the call is not forwarding to Unity then the issue likely lies with the phone system.

-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: