cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EV SSL Certificates w/Cisco CSS

yycsandman007
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any experience installing EV SSL Certificates on a Cisco CSS? From what I understand these are a fairly new type of cert. After speaking with VeriSign, they told me that they haven't tested it yet, but it should work. That makes me VERY nervous...just like saying windows updates and patches should not have any impact on your system. Aparently for these new certificates, it requires the installation of a second intermediate certificate on the CSS.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Intermediate certificates are supported on CSS. You just need to concatenate "server cert" and "intermediate cert" before importing to CSS and associating it with SSL Proxy.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Have you tested or tried this before? Were you successfully able to do it?

Thanks!

No I havent tested these ones by my self. I have used other chained certs successfully on CSS.

As per my understanding these certs are x.509 extensions and support for these should be available in browsers not SSL servers.SSl server simply send these certficates to browsers and SSL on CSS also acts like a SSL Server.For backend SSL you need to test it out on CSS

In summary..

I think You are safe if you are only using CSS

for front end SSL (where CSS acts as ssl server).If you are using Backend SSL then CSS will act as both SSL Server & Client and you may face issues.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: