cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help choosing/config a new ASA5510

rhopkins_nci
Level 1
Level 1

I am interested in purchasing an ASA 5510. But I wanted to include IPS and VPN( I dont need but about a 5 user VPN). And I want ssh mgmt capabilities. What bundles or packages do I need? Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

greivin.viquez
Level 1
Level 1

It is important to highlight that all the ASA devices are firewalls but also VPN devices at the same time, whatever you need/used it or you don?t. You?ll pay for those features. You can not split those features.

So in regards to the ASA5510 + IPS feature, you have 2 choices (modules):

1. SSM-AIP-10 (performance: 150 Mbps)

2. SSM-AIP-20 (performance: 300 Mbps)

There is already a bundle: "ASA5510-AIP10-K9" but for the AIP-20 is is necesary to buy it independently of the ASA.

For more detail, visit this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html

One last thing, it is important to differentiate the regular VPN and the SSL-VPN. For the second, you must pay extra-$$$. Be aware the ASA5510 includes 2 free licenses.

- Viquez -

View solution in original post

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

Following part no. would be good for you:

ASA5510-AIP10-K9

Cisco ASA 5510 Appliance IPS Edition Bundle

Includes Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module 10 (AIP-SSM-10 module, Firewall services, 250 IPSec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, and 3 Fast Ethernet interfaces.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Vibhor.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

greivin.viquez
Level 1
Level 1

It is important to highlight that all the ASA devices are firewalls but also VPN devices at the same time, whatever you need/used it or you don?t. You?ll pay for those features. You can not split those features.

So in regards to the ASA5510 + IPS feature, you have 2 choices (modules):

1. SSM-AIP-10 (performance: 150 Mbps)

2. SSM-AIP-20 (performance: 300 Mbps)

There is already a bundle: "ASA5510-AIP10-K9" but for the AIP-20 is is necesary to buy it independently of the ASA.

For more detail, visit this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html

One last thing, it is important to differentiate the regular VPN and the SSL-VPN. For the second, you must pay extra-$$$. Be aware the ASA5510 includes 2 free licenses.

- Viquez -

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

Following part no. would be good for you:

ASA5510-AIP10-K9

Cisco ASA 5510 Appliance IPS Edition Bundle

Includes Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module 10 (AIP-SSM-10 module, Firewall services, 250 IPSec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, and 3 Fast Ethernet interfaces.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Vibhor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: