cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help choosing/config a new ASA5510

rhopkins_nci
Level 1
Level 1

I am interested in purchasing an ASA 5510. But I wanted to include IPS and VPN( I dont need but about a 5 user VPN). And I want ssh mgmt capabilities. What bundles or packages do I need? Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

greivin.viquez
Level 1
Level 1

It is important to highlight that all the ASA devices are firewalls but also VPN devices at the same time, whatever you need/used it or you don?t. You?ll pay for those features. You can not split those features.

So in regards to the ASA5510 + IPS feature, you have 2 choices (modules):

1. SSM-AIP-10 (performance: 150 Mbps)

2. SSM-AIP-20 (performance: 300 Mbps)

There is already a bundle: "ASA5510-AIP10-K9" but for the AIP-20 is is necesary to buy it independently of the ASA.

For more detail, visit this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html

One last thing, it is important to differentiate the regular VPN and the SSL-VPN. For the second, you must pay extra-$$$. Be aware the ASA5510 includes 2 free licenses.

- Viquez -

View solution in original post

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

Following part no. would be good for you:

ASA5510-AIP10-K9

Cisco ASA 5510 Appliance IPS Edition Bundle

Includes Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module 10 (AIP-SSM-10 module, Firewall services, 250 IPSec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, and 3 Fast Ethernet interfaces.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Vibhor.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

greivin.viquez
Level 1
Level 1

It is important to highlight that all the ASA devices are firewalls but also VPN devices at the same time, whatever you need/used it or you don?t. You?ll pay for those features. You can not split those features.

So in regards to the ASA5510 + IPS feature, you have 2 choices (modules):

1. SSM-AIP-10 (performance: 150 Mbps)

2. SSM-AIP-20 (performance: 300 Mbps)

There is already a bundle: "ASA5510-AIP10-K9" but for the AIP-20 is is necesary to buy it independently of the ASA.

For more detail, visit this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html

One last thing, it is important to differentiate the regular VPN and the SSL-VPN. For the second, you must pay extra-$$$. Be aware the ASA5510 includes 2 free licenses.

- Viquez -

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

Following part no. would be good for you:

ASA5510-AIP10-K9

Cisco ASA 5510 Appliance IPS Edition Bundle

Includes Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module 10 (AIP-SSM-10 module, Firewall services, 250 IPSec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, and 3 Fast Ethernet interfaces.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Vibhor.