cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 not discovering Call Managers

tschwimer
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble getting my Call Managers into CiscoWorks. The switch that they connect to is discovered, and CDP sees them properly. IP Phones are discovered, but are not listed under IP PHones in User Tracking. I have snmp protocol connectivity from LMS to the CCMs but am unable to perform an snmpwalk. I have verified the community strings multiple times.

What am I missing here?

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you cannot perform an SNMP Walk of the CCM from the LMS server, then SNMP is not properly configured on the CCM. Check the SNMP Service settings under the Security tab, and make sure your community string is correct, and that either the CCM is configured to accept SNMP requests from any host, or that the LMS host is added to the list of allowed hosts.

i speak under correction,, but i think one has to aditionally add the administrator username and password of the CCM or cluster.

I have verified both the snmp RO and RW strings are correct, and do not have restrictions on access at this point.

Offhand, does anyone know what the starting OID should be when performing an snmpwalk from Device Center? Would not having this right cause this problem? How about CSA on the CCM?

I would try a simple starting OID such as .1.3.6.1.2.1.1 (i.e. system). Other things that could be interfering are firewalls or access lists between the LMS server and the CCM. Put a sniffer on both the LMS and CCM servers, and see if the SNMP request packets are making it to the CCM, and the replied (if any) are making it back to the LMS server. If not, and if this is possible, deploy a sniffer at each hope along the path between the two servers to see where the packets are being dropped.

OK, I've got SNMP working and am able to perform snmpwalks to the Call Manager. I have run an acquisition job, but still am not getting any IP Phone information populated into Campus Manager.

The phones appear as standard users under user acquisition.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for all your help so far.

You need to run another full Data Collection first so that the CCM shows up as an Application Server with a green icon on the Topology Map. Once that happens, then UT will know to query it for IP phone information. Since the phones are already showing up as end hosts, most of the work has already been done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: