cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI Device not showing in application

mark
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed the CiscoTSP.exe onto a Windows XP machine and the "CiscoTSP001.tsp" provider is shown in the Windows "Phone and Modem" screen, however, when I run any TAPI application that lists all of the available TAPI line devices, there is no Cisco line device listed (have tried 3 3rd party apps and the windows dialer.exe).

Is there anything else that has to be setup and do you need a valid connection to the CM to get the line device listed?

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

It's been a while since I did this, but I think you need to at least properly set up the provider once. And after all, if you can't test if it's working properly, then what good is the installation anyway?

First of all make sure you are installing the CiscoTSP version for corresponding CCM version.

If you already installed TSP then uninstall it and remove the directory from programe files. Also remove the Cisco Wave driver from Device Manager in Control Panel.

Note that if you install the SimClient software provided by Cisco on the same PC where CiscoTSP is installed. Then TSP will not show devices.

Now restart the PC and install the TSP agian. Hopefully it will work. Try run Phone1.exe application which is widly used among TAPI developers.