Helpful
Replies

no runining Fabric Manager on th MS Vista Ent. 32bit

andrlemichael
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I cann't use FM on the Vista. The problem is:

"Connect: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine"

Anybody use FM on the Vista ? if YES running OK ?

Is supported FM for Vista ?

Anybody idea ?

Thanks

rgds

Michael

2 Replies 2

techhelp24
Level 1
Level 1

Windows Vista is intended for Game, but not sure for any Professional Application. I assuming, this is Firewall Problem by windows, please disable and re-test again the Application.

Perhaps you could expand a bit on what your problem is. Eg:

"Connect: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine"

Where are you seeing that? Is it the PC when you try to run FM? Does FM start but it can't see the switch? I had all sorts of issues with the firewall (Windows Live One Care) as it rates as completely stupid in my opinion. Unless it has changed in the last month or so, you cant open ports on an individual basis. You will have to let it connect to your switch with all ports.

Any easy way to test if the firewall is the problem, try to ping or telnet to the supervisor port.

Does your PC have java?

Cheers

Stephen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: