Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSM Limitations

jkrawczyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of my colleagues is considering utilizing on his PIX running OS 7.2 the ADSM gui interface. I do not have any exposure to ADSM, because I'm the type of guy who like the command line, which give me a feeling of control.

I know the PDM for version 6.3 didn't like complex configurations especially with NAT policies. I'm wondering if ADSM for PIX 7.2 has similar limitations.

Can anyone offer real world experiences?

Regards

Jeff

4 Replies 4

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

asdm opens up even if u have policy nat configured.

it's much more user friendly then pdm and also,much more near to the command line format.

-------

let me know if you are looking for some exact feature compariosn between pdm and asdm.

thx.

sushil

cisco tac

Hi Sushil,

My concern is usability. I know in pdm, I've created a policy NAT based upon an acl and the pdm did not like this even though the policy based global/NAT was supported by Cisco. PDM rverted to monitor mode and I was not able to use PDM any longer to make changes. By the way, the PDM I speak of is on my small PIX501. I did not use or plan on using PDM or adsm om my 525.

I guess I'm concerned that asdm will support complex PIX configurations such as logical interfaces, policy nat, etc.

Regards

Jeff

yup,absolutely.

for further details,you can check the release notes here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6121/prod_release_note09186a00806a9755.html

hth

sushil

cisco tac

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

I didn't actually deal with this but one of my colleague could not enter an ACL with object-group such as

"access-list from-Internet-in extended permit object-group TCP_UDP any host 65.2.x.x object-group DNS"

using ASDM, he ended using

"access-list from-Internet-In extended permit udp any host 65.2.x.x object-group DNS"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: