cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure SRST

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure secure SRST and am having a problem. How do you get the certificate to the SRST router? I am trying to add the SRST Reference in CM, and am getting a message saying no connection could be made because the target machine refused it.

Help!!!

Thanks,

Chris

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Chris,

Make sure you setup the router properly before setting up the SRST reference and checking the option Secure SRST. WHen you check this option, thats when the certificate is pushed to the router.

You have to make sure you setup a CA server first on the router, create a Credentials server and all that before pushing the cert to the router. Check this link. Follow step by step. The only part i hate is copying the certs manually to the router.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/srst/srst40/srst40ad/sr_scur1.htm

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I found the same document you sent above after I posted. But, I am at the point where you configure credentials on the SRST router. The router doesn't accept the router(config)# credentials command at all. I have recieved the certificate from the trustpoint already.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Chris

What router model and IOS version are you using ? Please paste a sh version output.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

This is a 1760 router. I have attached the sh ver output.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: