cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RA VPN issue asa5505

mcsystems
Level 1
Level 1

please excuse me while i get my head around this thing.

policy problem. very simple setup.

getting: 2 Mar 16 2007 14:51:24 106006 xx.202.120.109 xx.129.14.162 Deny inbound UDP from xx.xx.120.109/500 to xx.xx.14.162/500 on interface outside

no web or hardclient. just static routing table and ravpn.

tia.

20 Replies 20

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

sysopt connection permit-ipsec/vpn

thanks for input. i have been at this for a VERY long time.

unfortunately i get "invalid input detected at marker"

do i need to ssh in to use this command? currently telnet.

no telnet is fine, are you having trouble with your vpn?

pix#config t

pix(config)#sysopt connection permit-ipsec

depending on your code version the command may be sysopt connection permit-vpn

first thanks so much for the help!

looking forward to initiating the command when arrive at the office.

yes, the asdm log is telling me that the outside connection is being blocked (ike port 500). i have run through the setup too many times to count.

code version. 7.2 maybe. or asdm version?5 it is a new unit out of the box. very happy with the unit, if i could only get the remote access vpn to work. i feel like a real idiot considering there is even a wizard in the gui. took me quite a while to make the routing table for the static ip, but that seems to be working. i don't think this could be a problem . what do you think? problem with the security policy? have tried to0ns of different rules to allow/direct. will be in within the hour. thanks again!!!

command was successful, however no change.

here are the config and client log. thanks!!!

ASA Version 7.2(2)

!att.

First of all, you do not want your vpn client dhcp pool to be the same subnet as your inside. Change the pool to something different. Then you will also have to change any reference to that pool in the rest of your config, nat 0 access-list etc. Start with that and we'll go from there. I didnt see the sysopt command in your config. Without that, udp 500 will be denied on the outside interface, unless you specifically permit it, which you havent.

thanks. after changing something my routing insnt functioning. if you have the patience.. THANKS! att.

you're missing...

global (outside) 1 interface

is this the command or service policy addition? losing my mind. thanks!!!

the command, it's in the first config you posted, and not in the second.

ok. breathing again. that nat change got me running. big thanks. however i am still getting blocked on the isakmp. "deny inbound udp from xxx./500 to xxx./500 on interface outside" REALLY appreciate it!

you receive that deny even with "sysopt connection permit-vpn"?

unfortunately. i made sure of that. here is the config. do i need to create a route from 192.168.2.0 <> 192.168.1.0? thanks!!!

No, no need to add a route like that. In any case you will need the sysopt command, unless you want to write access-lists permitting all your vpn traffic. When you first added the sysopt command, it still would not have worked becuase of your vpn pool. Now that you've changed your pool, add the sysopt command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: