cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bluetooth capabilites for 7970

agenegrasso
Level 1
Level 1

My client uses his bluetooth for everything so I was looking into possible ways to provide him with the same capability using his 7970G phone. The network is not converged, is there an additonal hardware accessory that can be purchased to provide the bluetooth capabilities on teh 7970

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No cisco phone, including the 7970, has embedded bluetooth. Heaqdset vendors like Plantronics make wireless adapters that are connected to the headset connector.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Allison,

Just to add a note to Paolo's good info, there are 2 Bluetooth adaptors from Plantronics that are recommended for the 7970;

Plantronics Voyager 510S/510L Bluetooth Headset System

With this system you can seamlessly switch between the 7970 phone and a voice-enabled Bluetooth mobile device.

From this link;

http://www.plantronics.com/canada/en_US/productfinder/productlist.jhtml?_DARGS=/canada/en_US/productfinder/productlist.jhtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

agenegrasso
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both for your help.

Does Cisco have plans to support bluetooth in the near future. It is amazing that Cisco phones cannot still support bluetooth. I was expecting to see the next set of phones (7945 and 7965) to support bluetooth headsets.