Helpful
Replies

CME Cor-list questions!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

CME 3.3.

For example,

User has 7960 with button 1 with extension 8001 single line. Then second button also has 8001 single line.

I assign corlist to ephone-dn 1 with extension 8001 only access to long distance.

Then I assign corlist to ephone-dn 2 with extension 8001 only access to local only.

But I found out that second button is able to call long distance too, it seems like inherit the ability of first button. Is that true??

If that is true, is there other way to workaround. I know I can assign extension 8002 to button 2, it will solve the problem.

Ken

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Config please? COR should definitely respect whatever configuration has been made in the originating ephone-dn. If you are in doubt what is the ephone-dn being used, please enable "term mon" and "debug dialpeer".

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ken,

My understanding of this feature is that what you have discovered is working as designed. The Cor parameter is applied per unique ephone-DN. So that means that you cannot have two diffent Restriction levels on the same number (in this case 8001). Have a look at these good docs;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad857.html

Configuring Class of Restrictions (COR)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I think that what Ken is saying, he has two separate ephone-dn (buttons in his terminology) with the same number (8001), and these are configured with different corlist. That is why I've asked for the configuration to clarify.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: