Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX Issue

dhavaltandel
Level 1
Level 1

Hell All,

I have mail server running behind the PIX Firewall, i fount that mail server is running well inside the network, but while sending mail from GMAIL ot YAHOO or any other mail server to my mail server, its dosent work. and our mail server isnt log any thing process too. But still i can send mails from my mail server to any other mail server.

My question is,

1)is there any configuration required except NAT forwarding for port number 25, 110 for SMTP and POP3.

2)do i need to allow all the network for SMTP as incoming traffic...?

Thanks,

Dhaval Tandel

3 Replies 3

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you could post your configuration, it would be helpful to diagnose any problems in the config.

To allow incoming mails to your mail domain from external world, yes you need to allow incoming access to the SMTP port of your server from "Any".

Check your ACLs..

Hope this helps.

-VJ

jignesh.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

if you are using your MX Record at ur Service Provider then u don't need to open any port from outside to Inside , But if your MX Record is Hosted Direct to ur server then u need to open SMTP Port for Outside To Inside Access.

Access-list acl_out permit tcp host any host IP Address(urExchangeServer NAT IP) eq SMTP

Thanx

Jignesh Patel

sorry command looks like

Access-list acl_out permit tcp any host IP Address(urExchangeServer NAT IP) eq SMTP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card