cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA - FAX not send when using Super G3 Faxes!!

Fady Hwalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I try to call using an ATA to a fax machine outside the company it works fine, but when I connect a Super G3 Fax to this ATA, the fax does not go out.

Anyone has any experience about this issue?

I have more debug info if needed.

Thanks

It is Urgent...

7 Replies 7

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

ATA-186 only supports speeds up to 14.4K (G2) not 33.6 (G3).

Switch the fax machine to G2 and disable ECM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_qanda_item09186a00800946e1.shtml

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

The ATA does not officially support SuperG3, although you could try switching off fax passthrough and operating the ATA with nailed up G.711 protocol.

You can support Super G3 faxes on analog VWICs on the Cisco routers.

You do wonder why Cisco doesn't support Cisco fax relay or Super G3 on this box...

mhs
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever figure tis out? I have the same issue. Except I have several G3 fax machines working, the only issue I have with one of them is when sending to a digital fax number, one that is tied to an e-mail address rather than a fax machine. I am using the Kyocera Mita KM-F1050. These are G3 faxes and work fine except for one of like 7 fax machines. The only time it fails is when sending to a fax number tied to a fax software we use Xmedius.

Please let me know if you were able to resolve your issue without swapping fax machines.

Thanks, Paul

Well dude.. some of the Super G3 Faxes simply has more speed which will not let it work, so either you configure it to work on normal speed, or it will not work.

Thats what I did..

Cheers

Hi Fady,

How do you set the speed of the faxes, since I can't find it in my faxes ?

Many thanks,

Wiyandi

Hi Wiyandi,

you can't find it in the menu of the fax machine? There is an option where you setup the fax to use Super G3 or to normal speed.

I am not sure which model you have.

Good luck

Regards,

Fady

goody40
Level 1
Level 1

tomorrow, i will post the solution

goody

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: