cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130 AP keeps rebooting

sbeauton
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a WLC 2006 with 6 AP's. 5 of my AP's are stable but one AP will reboot every 3 to 4 mins.The bad AP will show up in the WLC and I can connect to this AP but then disappers once it reboots. I have tired plugging the bad AP into a switchport running one of the good AP's but it still reboots. I have replaced the 1130AP but still same problem. The cable running to the AP has been tested. I have also made sure that there no Rogue AP's on my network. On the switch it just says port goes up and then down. The AP doesn't show anything in logs as to why it reboots.The WLC has also been replaced as well. I'm currently working with a TAC Enginner but he is perplexed as well. The verison of IOS that I'm running is 4.0.207.0 which I got from TAC. What I'm hoping is someone else has seen this problem or has some suggestion to fix this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

I would say another verification process. While the bad AP reboots and disappears from the WLC, check whether this AP is joining to any other WLC in the enarby place there.

So, once AP reboots, mark the primary controler for this AP as your WL under WLC's wireless>AP>details page.

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

If you swap the problem AP with another active AP that is working, keeping everything else the same, does the problem follow the AP or the switch port?

sbeauton
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for everyone's help on this issue. The problem was the wiring in the cieling. When I tested out the wire I tested for Connectivity and not loss of power. One of the contractor's but a small slice in the wire undectable by looking at it. When I replaced the wire the AP then became stable and is no longer rebooting. Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card