cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Greeting - I will call you back

Fady Hwalla
Level 1
Level 1

UserA talking on the line, then UserB called him internally, UserB can?t know that UserA busy on the other line, then keep ringing 25 seconds until goes to voice mail. UserB thought UserA is not in the office.

I want to configure a message that will be prompt when a user is busy for example "hi i am on the other line, ill call u when i finish"

How to do this?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I had a client bringing up this issue to me for a CME installation -but the issue is the same for CCM.

What I told him, is that the phone beeps a call-waiting sound, and display that there is a second call. Now, if the person doesn't want to take this second call, it's up to him/her to decide. It is also part of their privacy and freedom of action, if you do like you say, they would get no choice of which calls to answer and which not.

The alternative is very simple - single line and no call-waiting. Caller will get a busy signal, will know know that the person is (likely) in the office and so be it.

After explaining all this patiently to the customer, I got no more complaining.

So there is no way to make a forward to a "Busy Voice Mail Message" while being busy? without making it only 1 line and disabling Call Waiting... ??!!

Thanks

I'm not familiar with CCM, but I think you can have multi-line and no call-waiting, that is busy tone.

Also think: suppose for the caller was OK to leave a message, now with the "I'm busy"or busy-tone he can't...

All these things must be explained to our customer before assuming their whining is right (sometime it is).

What version of CCM are you on? 4.x introduced the "Immediate divert" softkey feature. It gives users the ability to dump a ringing call directly to VM by simply pressing the softkey. It would be the standard VM greeting, but it would solve the issue of having to wait for the ring cycles to time out.

We have CCM 4.2 and how do I do that "Immediate Divert"?

IDivert is a softkey lay out. Put it on the softkey template you are using under ring in and connected templates. Then the user can divert calls that are ringing to their phone they don't want to answer as well as sending a current call to their VM.

If you have Unity version 4.2 there is the ability under the admin pages and user pages to set seperate internal and busy greetings, just navagate to the Greetings for the specific user and change the dropdown box. The user can specify they are currently on the phone for busy and they are away from their desk for the standard greeting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: