cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flash image deleted on AS5300

waleowoeye
Level 1
Level 1

Please, could anyone help concerning an AS5300 router whose flash image was deleted. An IOS upgrade was to be carried out but it was discovered that there wasn't space on the flash to allow for two images. The flash image was deleted and as expected, the router's not coming up anymore because the reload command was also run after. Please, Help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wale

I agree that in your current situation the access to the 5300 is via rommon. The tftpdnld command should be available in rommon.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wale

Assuming that you have an image copy on a TFTP server that is accessible from the 5300 I would suggest that you try the tftpdnld command (you will need to SET the appropriate parameters used by tftpdnld).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have the IOS on a TFTP server. The problem is I can't even access the console of the 5300. when i boot into ROMMON mode and run the "dir 1" command, it comes with an error message that fills up the screen and fails to stop until i power down. Basically, I might be wrong but I think the only way to access the 5300 is via the rommon mode. thanks.

Wale

I agree that in your current situation the access to the 5300 is via rommon. The tftpdnld command should be available in rommon.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Please, how do i go about this. Aside using xmodem in rommon mode, I didn't know there was any other way. Could you help highlight or if there's a documentation I can use, I'll appreciate it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bf9e.shtml

I believe this file will solve th issue.

I appreciate it.

Vhers.

Wale

I believe that you have found a very excellent resource on tftpdnld.

Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your problem was resolved. (and thanks for the rating) It makes the forum much more useful when people can read about a problem and can know that they will read a solution for their problem that worked. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi rick,

one more thing I just found out. I can't assign an IP address to the router, the interfaces are shut down and the environment variables i am supposed to get are not the same as i expected

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card