Views
Helpful
Replies

The justification to go MPLS for a Bank private network

ssalem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wonder if you are aware of a solid reason justifies migrating stable bank network to MPLS VPN.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I would start the other way round: What are your solid requirements, which make you even think about changing anything in a network?

Once you have a list of requirements one could then search for a suitable solution, which might include MPLS VPNs.

There are banks with MPLS networks and reasons were security between departments (trading shares and emitting shares) and also cost savings. The latter arises from the fact that MPLS VPN in priciple allows to create "software routers", where before separate hardware had to be used.

Regards, Martin

Thanks Martin, the basic requirment is to lay down the foundation for enterprise wide IP Telephony which would require end-to-end QoS, as well as IPSec sopke-to-sopke.

again, thank you.

Sami

Hi,

If this is your ONLY requirement - which I strongly doubt - then keep your fingers off MPLS. You will not need it. Keep it simple!

Get an IP network up and running and be happy.

Regards, Martin

P.S.: Second thought: Are you talking about operatin your own MPLS network or about buying a MPLS WAN solution from a provider? In the latter case you do only have an IP network and MPLS is solely in the SP world, thus fits the above recommendation.

A MPLS VPN solution from a SP would be well suited for your requirements.

Hi Martin,

I will add two more requirements, 1st one is making use of the idle OSPF routes; I am thinking of MPLS TE as a way to do it. Secondly, integrating IP-VPN, the newly offered service from the local telephone company into the enterprise network which is mainly built using leased lines, P2P wireless and shared WiMax.

Concerning your question ifr we creating our own MPLS or buying it, the answer is we creating our own.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: