IPCC 7.0 Enterprise - Remote Access to AWS

Answered Question
Mar 18th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi there,

I am trying to set up Remote Desktop to grant access to various individuals in our organisation who will manage all the MACS on the IPCC Enterprise. I have managed to create users etc and they can login via VNC and do all the required work.

However, our company will not allow VNC (for now) but will only allow the use of Remote Desktop for such purposes.

The problem we face is that we can connect to the machine via RDC. When we try and run "Config Manager", aftre a few seconds, we get the following error:

"(-9934) Unable to initialize the real-time feed for instance xxx. Unable to proceed until the real-time can be established. The feed may be inactive or you may not have permission to connect to the feed"

Firstly, is Remote Desktop Connection supported? The H/W and S/W BOM is a bit ambiguous (or is it me?).

If supported, where am I going wrong?

The same users can connect via VNC.

Appreciate your help as always....

Thanks

Correct Answer by Gergely Szabo about 10 years 1 month ago

Hello there,

yes, Remote Desktop/Terminal Services IS supported starting ICM 7.0. This means you do not have to use VNC when managing your IPCC installation.

You get that error message, however, because you are not connecting with rdesktop to the console (by default, rdesktop opens another terminal session on the server). In order to avoid this, use the /console switch, this way:

%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe /console if you have Windows XP installed.

I am using Remote Desktop, too, I did not encounter any problems with it (yet).

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Gergely Szabo Mon, 03/19/2007 - 01:04
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, December 2015

Hello there,

yes, Remote Desktop/Terminal Services IS supported starting ICM 7.0. This means you do not have to use VNC when managing your IPCC installation.

You get that error message, however, because you are not connecting with rdesktop to the console (by default, rdesktop opens another terminal session on the server). In order to avoid this, use the /console switch, this way:

%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe /console if you have Windows XP installed.

I am using Remote Desktop, too, I did not encounter any problems with it (yet).

riesp Tue, 07/03/2007 - 01:38
User Badges:

Hi

we are using Remote Desktop for administration and it works good. But is Remote Desktop also supported for installation or only for administration?

lpezj Tue, 07/03/2007 - 02:29
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi,

Remote Desktop is only supported for Administration. For Remote installing you would need to use VNC or PCAnywhere.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

fabien.damien Wed, 09/16/2009 - 01:22
User Badges:

Hi Juan Luis,

I have installed ICM using remote desktop /admin, but i have to admit that i faced difficulties not sure if it because the rdp. can you provide a cisco reference that mentions it?

thanks,

jpsweeney77 Fri, 07/27/2007 - 08:27
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

You can also dedicate another box for administration and install it as a Client AW . This will allow multiple connections (dependent on term service licenses) using a standard Remote Desktop/Terminal Service connection.

Actions

This Discussion