CCIE bootcamp advice R&S

Answered Question
Mar 18th, 2007
User Badges:

Could you guys recommend a good CCIE bootcamp (Routing & Switching). IPE & IE do not have classes in NY/NJ. I am looking for something in NJ. How is Global knowledge. Haven't seen much discussion about global knowledge.

Correct Answer by jgagznos about 10 years 7 hours ago

I'm not affiliated with any of the training company's, but am CCIE certified. Given your location, I would try to use your dollars to get training from Netmasterclass.net (Caslow turns out a lot of CCIEs) or IPExpert (with Scott Morris). Both of these companies are up-to-date on the current lab blueprint and can help you to best utilize your training dollars.

Good Luck,

Joe

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
hoogen_82 Mon, 03/19/2007 - 01:39
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

One of the top Netpro's Martin Heusinger is from Globak Knowledge. I haven't gone to their classes but i guess it should be good too. Probably Martin should help you out here.

-Hoogen

byju70 Mon, 03/19/2007 - 09:59
User Badges:

How do your rate Global Knowledge with others. Not hearing good reference for Global Knowledge.

swmorris Sun, 03/25/2007 - 09:47
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Certainly do take what I'm saying with a grain of salt (as I work for IPexpert), but I have heard VERY mixed reviews about the GK bootcamp.

As much as I can tell from this, is that it greatly depends on which instructor of theirs you happen to get, and there may not be any guarantee of which particular instructor that is.

Their locations may well work within your desired range, which is certainly a plus. But in the grand scheme of things, the travel expense is not always that bad. RTP or Columbus, OH are the closest locations IPexpert comes to on any normal routine.

NetMasterClass is located in Herndon, VA, so that may be another option for you.

Cheers,

Scott

[email protected]

Correct Answer
jgagznos Thu, 03/29/2007 - 10:08
User Badges:

I'm not affiliated with any of the training company's, but am CCIE certified. Given your location, I would try to use your dollars to get training from Netmasterclass.net (Caslow turns out a lot of CCIEs) or IPExpert (with Scott Morris). Both of these companies are up-to-date on the current lab blueprint and can help you to best utilize your training dollars.

Good Luck,

Joe

srue Wed, 04/04/2007 - 05:16
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I've not seen anything really in these forums about them, but Unitek also offers bootcamps. I will probably use them for the CCIE Sec Lab bootcamp.

I couldn't tell from the post here if you were looking at bootcamps for the written or Lab, but they offer both. If location is an issue though, you might want to look elsewhere since it looks like most of their training is done in nevada.

www.unitek.com

Actions

This Discussion