cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do I start with 1xB channel and activate more channels if required.

tonywen
Level 1
Level 1

For a VoIP project, I am building a network and since the customer's voice is very important they asked me to have a backup E1 connection as well. what I am planning is having a E1-PRI card on each router that connected to the PSTN and then create a floating static route for DDR. If the main route disappears, DDR will kick in and establish the connectivity.

My question is; how do I start with 1xB channel and activate more channels if required. I don't want whole E1 to make a call via 30 channel for one VoIP call. however, if more calls comes and load on a B channel goes up to %75 then I want second one to dial. if more traffic comes then the 3rd one 4th one etc.

Please advise.Thank you very much!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is "dialer threshold", plenty of info about it on CCO.

Now, backup via ISDN PRI is kind of expensive, considering it shoiuld never be used, have you looked into ADSL as backup ?

View solution in original post

Yes and supposedly will disconnect channels as load decreases.

Hope this helps, please rate post if so!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is "dialer threshold", plenty of info about it on CCO.

Now, backup via ISDN PRI is kind of expensive, considering it shoiuld never be used, have you looked into ADSL as backup ?

Hi Paolo

Thank you very much.

By configuring only one dial peer and point it to the pilot number then it will automatically increment the number of channels as the load increases.

Thank you again for your help.Appreciated!

Tony

Yes and supposedly will disconnect channels as load decreases.

Hope this helps, please rate post if so!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: