cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6513 Sup 720 - 12.2.17 SX IOS got corrupted

yasirirfan
Level 4
Level 4

While trying to upgrade IOS for Cisco 6513 with SUP 720 IOS ver 12.2(17d)SXB11 to 12.2(18) the IOS upgrade got failed and now I am getting rommon menu. The Switch is not booting and i am getting follwoing error

open(): Open Error = -9

loadprog: error - on file open

boot: cannot load "bootflash 72033-pk9s-mz.122-17d.SXB11.bin"

System Bo otstrap, Version 8.1(3)

Copyright 19 94-20 04 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Cat6k-Sup720/SP processor with 524288 Kbytes of main memory

rommon 1 >

As I don't have any flash memory to boot the switch from drive 0. Is there any way to recover the deleted IOS or to reinstall. Please let me know

6 Replies 6

Hi spremkumar

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply the problem with me is I am having Cisco 6500 Series Switch with Supervisor Engine 720 which does not support xmodem tranfer. I did tried xmodem it failed. Need to find other solution. I have one more switch running fine can I install this supervisor engine in the exsisting switch and recover the IOS

cheers

Yasir

Hi Yasir

You can do that we did try the same kinda swap in some of our Cisco 7606 boxes quite some time back..

regds

Hi Prem

I tried every thing I did tried from the above link. No luck i think i need to order flash memory for the supervisor engine

regards,

Yasir

Hi

Mahmood

I did tried the above link, the first thing I did search cisco web site and later on when I found no solutions then I posted the question here.

Thanks

Yasir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco