Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7911g - group listen feature

kern.jerome
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with a 7911g phone. I cannot use the group listen feature (european style)with my ccme 4.0. (It doesn't work, or I didn't find the right command...)

I tried with a CCM5, and everything worked fine.

So the phone is working, but I have to make it work with a ccme 4.0. Is there a special command to make it work?

Thanks,

Jerome

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kern,

What is group listen (european style)? Do you mean group paging?

I want to be able to use the group listen feature (European-style speakerphone using the handset and the chassis speaker together).

No, with CME the "monitor" softkey just toggles between handset and speaker. It would be a nice to have feature.

Is Group Listen Supported on CUCM Business Edition?

Thanks

Hi Charalambos,

This has been available in CCM since 4.1(3) :)

Using the Group Listen Feature on the

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G and

7911G

You must add these Softkeys and Delete the Monitor Softkey;

GListen softkey

GLOff softkey

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/4_1_3/english/group/listen/0611GL.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

CME's PMs, take note :)

Hello Guys,

Another quick question.

Is this feature supported on 7931 phones? or just for 7906/11?

Thanks.

On the 7931, you don't really need that. The full-duplex speakerphone is good enough to enable anyone in the same room to participate in a conversation.

I run into this feature fairly often on legacy systems. Customers use a 'listen-in' feature that allows them keep the handset active, while setting the speakerphone to 1 way monitor. This allows other people in the room to 'listen-in' on the phone conversation. On the CM it's the group listen function, but only supported on a couple of phones. Any ideas to have the same function on a higher end phone with a full duplex speaker phone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: