Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7911g - group listen feature

kern.jerome
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with a 7911g phone. I cannot use the group listen feature (european style)with my ccme 4.0. (It doesn't work, or I didn't find the right command...)

I tried with a CCM5, and everything worked fine.

So the phone is working, but I have to make it work with a ccme 4.0. Is there a special command to make it work?

Thanks,

Jerome

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kern,

What is group listen (european style)? Do you mean group paging?

I want to be able to use the group listen feature (European-style speakerphone using the handset and the chassis speaker together).

No, with CME the "monitor" softkey just toggles between handset and speaker. It would be a nice to have feature.

Is Group Listen Supported on CUCM Business Edition?

Thanks

Hi Charalambos,

This has been available in CCM since 4.1(3) :)

Using the Group Listen Feature on the

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G and

7911G

You must add these Softkeys and Delete the Monitor Softkey;

GListen softkey

GLOff softkey

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/4_1_3/english/group/listen/0611GL.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

CME's PMs, take note :)

Hello Guys,

Another quick question.

Is this feature supported on 7931 phones? or just for 7906/11?

Thanks.

On the 7931, you don't really need that. The full-duplex speakerphone is good enough to enable anyone in the same room to participate in a conversation.

I run into this feature fairly often on legacy systems. Customers use a 'listen-in' feature that allows them keep the handset active, while setting the speakerphone to 1 way monitor. This allows other people in the room to 'listen-in' on the phone conversation. On the CM it's the group listen function, but only supported on a couple of phones. Any ideas to have the same function on a higher end phone with a full duplex speaker phone?