Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN without Routing Update

skherisat
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

i am facing a problem in my network, i am using RIP V1 as a routing protocol, also i ahve isdn backup, when the main link is down, and the isdn is up, no dynamic routes in the remote site, so i have to configure them static, so can you please help me

Note: i am using a floating route for backup route, but do not get other dynamic routes

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sadam

Without details from your config it is difficult for us to know for sure what the problem is. Probably the most common cause of the symptoms that you describe is that the dialer map used for ISDN does not contain the broadcast keyword. Without the broadcast keyword the RIP updates can not be transmitted over the ISDN.

If the dialer map does not contain the broadcast keyword then I suggest that you add it and see if the corrects the problem. If you still have a problem then I suggest that you post the router config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: