cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery on Cisco 2950 switch

matt.kurtzhals
Level 1
Level 1

We had a co-worker get fired and took the passwords with him. We have txt files of the config but need away to decrypt the level 5 password. I would just run through the password recovery reboot but we cannot take the switches out of production. Any ideas? I also have some dell 3448s that I need to do the same thing on.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

There is no way around it. You have to reboot the switch. Please plan it on a weekends and do the neceesary recovery.

HTH,

-amit singh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In order to do the password recovery you have to reboot the switch. Please use the doc below for password recovery on 2950 switches.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

No way around it. Cannot reboot because of production. Will just have to wait until an off day.

Hi Matt,

There is no way around it. You have to reboot the switch. Please plan it on a weekends and do the neceesary recovery.

HTH,

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card